Perseverance and desire to win, regular training and exercise are all important components of successful sports performance. Choosing the right equipment is essential for efficiency, comfort and injury avoidance. The constant load on the legs – running, jumping – makes you think about comfortable shoes for training and competing. Choose the best basketball shoes for volleyball.
Basketball shoes are designed specifically for basketball – they fix the ankle very well , therefore, mostly basketball models are “high”. These shoes provide stability during lateral movement and protect against shock loads during jumping. Let’s talk a little more about how to choose the right basketball shoes.
You should pay attention to them first of all:
Sole. Itis divided into two types – for playing on the street and in closed halls . Thus, a soft sole is best suited for playing on artificial turf of indoor stadiums , while a hard sole is best for outdoor play . The area of the sole is also important – the larger it is, the better the friction and braking. The correct tread pattern will give stability when stopping and cornering – the Herringbone pattern is recommended .
Material. It is believed that for basketball it is most comfortable to wear shoes made from a combination of leather and synthetic mesh . Leather is one of the most durable materials, and the mesh provides flexibility and ventilation to the foot. However, basketball shoes with full synthetic uppers are becoming more common on the market, which are rapidly gaining popularity as they are lighter and stronger due to the use of modern synthetic materials.
Ankle protection and fixation . Depending on the design, basketball shoes are divided into three types:
- 1. High sneakers (high). Their advantage lies in the fact that they provide protection for the athlete’s ankle as well as good stability of the ankle joint. Perfect for beginners, these shoes are the most popular type of sneaker among basketball players. Strong and versatile basketball players love to wear them.
- 2. Sneakers (mid) of medium height. The strength of these shoes is freedom of movement. Mid-height sneakers do not restrict the movement of the athlete’s legs, unlike tall ones. However, there are also caveats – these sneakers will not guarantee the safety of the ankles, and inexperienced players will cause injury. These shoes are most often chosen by fans of high-speed basketball.
- 3. Low sneakers (low). They are rarely used in basketball. The top of the low shoe ends at the front of the ankle. Lightweight and free, they allow the basketball player to show their maximum potential. But the high risk of injury makes players think twice before buying low-top basketball shoes. Suitable for very fast and agile athletes.
Besides ! The system of laces, Velcro and other fasteners ensures optimal fixation of the ankle.
Some tips for fitting
- After choosing a specific model, you need to try on a pair of sneakers at once on both legs. It is best to try to jump into them or stop abruptly, that is, try to do what usually happens in the game.
- When measuring basketball shoes, it is advisable to measure them in socks that are similar to the ones you intend to play in. If the player constantly uses an elastic bandage or ankle supports, shoes should be tried on in them.
- It is important to determine if the foot is stable enough in the shoe. It should not be pinched, but also not slip and dangle. Like any sports shoes, basketball shoes should be chosen 0.5 sizes freer. Because the leg swells during the game from tension, and the shoes will press you and injure the foot and toes. Thus, trying on sneakers is a very important step, which will provide you with comfort, convenience, and health of your feet.